Saturday, September 08, 2012

Can't believe my luck

I was so thrilled when I found this gorgeous vintage Søholm lamp today on my ritual Saturday thrifting. I've been lusting for one of these beauties for a long time, and just when I was about to leave the shop, there it was! And the price, you ask? 75 kroner ($13)!!! Bless the Salvation Army...
 
The pattern on the base is in a delicious golden brown with some grey- bluish accents. I have to find a nice lampshade that will do it justice. I'll show you when I find one. The colors go so well with a piece of artwork that I have by norwegian artist Ørnulf Opdahl, see?

 
 
 
 
I found another great piece of Danish studio pottery too, this lovely rectangular ceramic dish, marked "COB Studios Danmark 28-20". Does anyone know anything about this studio? The dish has a beautiful glaze in a mustardy color with a hint of greyish blue tones on the sides.
 

 
 
 
 
Finally, I found some West German pottery, a Scheurich vase in neutral toned lava glaze. I will be looking for some companions for this, I think they look nice in a group of pieces with similar colors.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...