Sunday, October 07, 2012

New shelves!!

The String shelves have arrived! I'm so thrilled. Designed by swedish architect Nils Strinning in 1949, they're a great piece of mid century scandinavian furniture. They made a great change to a former quite dull area of our living room. They still have some free space, I'm still arranging and rearranging, trying to find out which setup looks best.

We chose a combo of black sides and walnut shelves. They remind me a lot of the Tomado shelves, and provide some contrast to the pale walls. Walnut very easily changes color when exposed to daylight and sun, the color becomes warmer and very similar to teak. This has been the case with our other walnut plywood furniture, they are now very similar in color to our teak pieces. Which, of course, is no disadvantage.

I'll leave you with some images of the String shelves as well as a few other living room snaps. I'm noticing how big my living room looks, it's really not!!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Tove, what a beautiful space you have! It's the stuff of magazines, I'm feeling very green with envy, so nice to see.
    Fancy a house swap....you'd love a holiday in Melbourne, 5 mins from the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, you're so sweet. Just photographing from the best angles, leaving the mess out:-) I'll swap any time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...